Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 3

Todays prayer was great! My friends and I have a prayer group that meets every Wednesday from 6am-7:30am. Anyones welcome to come out so just let me know if your interested. So we started out just praising God and getting our hearts focused on Him and hearing what He was saying to us. A lot of prayer came forth about change and changing our priorities to be God above everything and to do His will. We stayed on that for a while and we started calling out things that are distracting us right now and laying that stuff down. I couldn't stop thinking about what it would take for me to make God my number priority in my life above work, friends, family, sleep, and food. I mean God is my life but I want to seek Him so much more and I know He will set me free so why not run to Him everyday instead of anything else you know? Thats been the big question on my heart lately and it came up big time in the prayer group this morning. Then we prayed for a few people in the group and it was cool to see God ministering to those people and giving them words of encouragement. Day 3 was pretty powerful!


5 comments:

  1. Group prayer is the shiz. Way to have friends that are legit about seeking Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had a lot of momentum with that prayer meeting because of your personal time. Group prayer is sweet, but I love it when people are coming from strong places of personal prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Pradeepan's comment. Your personal prayer time is definitely going to fuel your prayer with friends. It's amazing how much prayer is really a language, and its something you can practice and get better at. I'm not talking about premeditating your prayers, but the more you seek the heart of God and find out what it is He wants you to pray about, and the more you speak the words that are on His heart, the easier it becomes. Above that, the more you pray on your own, the less you care about what other people think of your prayers when you come together. You really stop caring about how you sound, because in your personal prayer time all you care about is speaking to your Father. Keep it up man! The more you use your weapon the better warrior you become!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Justin - I've enjoyed reading so far! It's an encouragement for sure. but I want to know: how were days four and five? ;)

    ReplyDelete